Voting

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

The Magic of Judith Leiber

I won't blame you if you have never heard of Judith Leiber, after all her masterpieces are at a budget that I presently do not find myself in! However, her creations are the things that fashion loving girls, like myself can only dream of. Understand, that I am a fashion lover, but I am not a slave to fashion. I will admit to having spent WAY over my means for a fabulous designer handbag, or two, but designer no more!! I am at a different place in my life and the appreciation for finer things in life will have to wait :(

I don't mean to bore you with the Wikipedia details on this artisan, but I have to educate you a little bit, just a little bit. Judith Leiber is a Hungarian immigrant who has worked with major handbag designers.  She launched her own handbag company in 1947 alongside her husband. When a handbag is worth a place at The Victoria and Albert Museum in London, The Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York, The Smithsonian Institute in Washington, The Houston Museum of Fine Arts and the Los Angeles Museum of Art, then you know it's gotta be a helluva a bag. 




The bags are small quirky concoctions of gorgeous, sparkly, blingy, crystals in all kinds of fun shapes. The company prides itself on quality and great craftsmanship.  You can spot a Judith Leiber on practically every red carpet event.  Someday you and I will carry one too!!




XOXO
Kikiboom.com




Here are some of my favorites. Drool!


$4,995

$5,995


$5,495

$2,995
$4,295
Ugh! Lily has a Judith Leiber, great!

$4,295
$4,795
$5,995

Wedding Collection $5,995

Wedding Collection, $6,995

No comments:

Post a Comment